1. This Sunday, April 2nd at 2pm, join the San Carlos Library for a free Family Biking Basics Class & Ride, hosted by Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition (SVBC). Hope you can make it with your family, Register here!
— This introductory class is great for families who are new to bicycling or are experienced and interested in learning safety tips for all age groups plus a fun group ride.
2. Are you bike-minded? Thurs, April 6, 11am-1pm, join our first-of-its-kind, ‘meeting of the bike minds’ San Carlos/Belmont biking strategy session, on-line. Hosted by SVBC staff to make sure city projects currently in the pipeline include safe biking infrastructure:
–San Carlos Downtown Specific Plan
–San Carlos Northeast Specific Plan
–Belmont’s Alameda de las Pulgas Improvement Project
–Samtrans’ El Camino Real corridor study of San Mateo,
Belmont and (gasp!) San Carlos–hooray!
3. Join the 3rd Annual San Carlos Hometown Days “Pre-Parade Roll’ Sat morning, May 20. Meet between 9AM-9:30AM on San Carlos Ave at Chestnut St, in front of the Adult Community Center
– The parade committee invites bicyclists and wheel riders to again roll down the route just before the parade.
– Pace will be slow. Costumes, decorations and pinwheels encouraged!
– We’ll take off by 9:40am along the parade route, ending in Burton Park (at the valet bike parking in the bocce ball area).
– No RSVP necessary, just show up, be creative, and bring your friends and family
4. Free Valet Bike Parking during Hometown Days returns to the bocce ball area in Burton Park. Please help us park bikes! Volunteer sign up: https://tinyurl.com/HTD23BikeValet
– Want to help but not sure what time yet? Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’re planning to help but don’t know when yet
– Last year we parked almost 200 bikes and scooters, what can we do this year? Please encourage everyone you know to ride and roll to the festivities this year!
– Bike Valet Hours are Sat, May 20, 10am-7pm and Sun, May 21, 11am-5pm. .
Thanks for reading and riding,
San Carlos Bikes founder
(To be removed from this email list, reply with unsubscribe please)